French Folds

Definition: With French folds the paper is folded with crossfolds or right angle folds, often with a short first fold. The shorter portion or head may be folded to the inside (heads in) or outside (heads out). Even (no short heads) 8-panel french folds are commonly called quarter-fold or 8-panel right angle folds.

illustration of french fold with short heads to inside